Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2008

Beyonce Covers Marie Claire


Beyonce covers October's issue of Marie Claire, here are some parts from the exclusive interview.

Beyonce on her alter ego Sasha:

‘I’ve created an alter ego [she refers to her on-stage persona as ‘Sasha’]: things I do when performing I would never do normally. I reveal things about myself that I wouldn’t do in an interview. I have out-of-body experiences [on stage].

If I cut my leg, if I fall, I don’t even feel it. I’m so fearless, I’m not aware of my face or my body.'

Beyonce on whether there is a time limit to being a pop star:

‘Being a pop star, yes. Being a legend, an icon, absolutely not. And, at this point, that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m over being a pop star. I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot.

I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.’

Beyonce on her success:

'I am really proud that I am one of the artists that has the opportunity to be on magazine covers and to be in the movies. And I do think that I’m opening doors for more black women, just like Halle [Berry] and Diana Ross opened doors for me.’


No comments:

Post a Comment