Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Common EP and Album!


Common revealed that he had began recording songs for a new full length album to be released this fall. Despite having three feature films to shoot this year, Common was confident he'd have the time to put into a new album. Well today, Common revealed to MTV that he'll be releasing a six song EP before the full length album in June called Invincible Summer.

"The Believer is gonna be my next LP," he said via phone from L.A. "The Believer is talking about believing in yourself and believing in God and believing in what you do. ... That title made me think of what I wanna be, who I wanna be. I wanna believe in what I do, and I do believe in what I do. It was simple as far as the title and concept. I wanna also mention that I'm coming out with an EP before the album. The EP is in June and called Invincible Summer."

Invincible Summer will be a concept disc that was spurred by two remixes Common did with producer Just Blaze. Kanye West is 'overseeing' the EP but isn't expected to contribute any beats to it.

"I was like, 'I might as well start working on an EP and start releasing songs out there that would feel good — and not put too much weight on it.' It's an EP, it's six songs, similar to the way a mixtape would come out." (source:
MOG)

No comments:

Post a Comment