Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Madonna - Working with JT + her son David


Madonna grew close to Justin Timberlake as they collaborated on her upcoming album "Hard Candy".

“I really enjoy writing with Justin,” she says in the new issue of Interview magazine. “We had psychoanalytic sessions whenever we wrote songs first.

“We’d sit down and we’d start talking about situations. And then we’d start talking about issues or problems or relationships with people.”

She describes the writing process as “very intimate… because he’s open and he’s got talent.”

Though Madonna has worked with countless songwriters, she found the connection to Timberlake unique.

“I haven’t worked with a lot of songwriters where I’m instantly connected and start riffing and playing with the rhythm of the words,” she told Interview.

“He’s as interested in the rhythm of the words as the meaning of the words,” she says of Timberlake, who will induct her into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this month.

The Material Mom also opens up to Interview about adopting son David from the African country Malawi.

“He wouldn’t have lived if I hadn’t taken him,” she says. “It’s not even a possibility.”

“I think freedom is quite illusory,” she adds. “When I stop thinking about myself all the time and put other people before me on a regular basis, that’s real freedom.

“When I can love unconditionally… then that’s real freedom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment