Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Christina Aguilera – To Perform on The Oprah Winfrey Show

Christina Aguilera Bionic Promo Pic3

It was announced today, that Christina Aguilera will perform on the Oprah Winfrey Show on May 7th, at 10 am at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The performance will be used to promote her upcoming new album “Bionic”, which will be released on June 8th in the U.S. It is said that she will most likely perform her official first single of the album “Not Myself Tonight”, which has become the most added song on the Top 40 and Rhythm radio this week.

Recently Christina Aguilera shared a letter with her fans:

"Since the release of my last studio album, "Back to Basics", I have become a mother, a wife, and most recently an actress. All of these new experiences have allowed me to face new challenges and explore different sides of myself I did not even know existed."

"I am a woman who wears many hats and carries many responsibilities. There are so many characteristics that define me, and this album was put together to represent all of those different parts of myself. The sound is not necessarily easy to define because I am not easy to define. I can be serious. I can be playful. Sexual. Loving. Tough. Hardworking. Honest."

She continued, "I was able to explore and create a fresh, sexy feel using both electronic and organic elements with subject matters ranging from playful to introspective. This allowed me to challenge myself by using my voice in ways I never had before. It also allowed me to push personal boundaries and explore what is possible for my future and me as an artist."

No comments:

Post a Comment