Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Ashanti - Featured in Maxim!


Ashanti made an exclusive photo shoot for Maxim's June issue. She didn't just make a photo shoot she was also interviewed. She mainly talks about her new album "The Declaration", and some anecdotes of the past. Make sure to pick up your issue of Maxim Magazine to read more!


Your new album is called "The Declaration". Would you like to take this moment to declare anything?

Absolutely. I'm declaring that I'm here. The album is a new sound for me. I found out so much about myself working with new people. Everything had kind of been in house for me, so I was used to having a security blanket - like Linus from Peanuts with his blue blanket. I'm declaring that it's been four years and a lot of people had questions, but I'm here, baby.

The video of your debut single, "Foolish", costarred a then-unknown Terrence Howard. How was that?

Terrence is a lot older than me. I was young when I made that video, only 21. He was so funny on set. He's going to get mad at me for saying this, but at the end of the video they put the camera up on my face as he gives me a hug. And he squeezed my ass! I'm going to get him. It was hilarious.





No comments:

Post a Comment