Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Solange Song - "F*@k the Industry (signed Sincerely)"


Here's a new Solange song called "F*@k the Industry (signed Sincerely)". This is what Solange had to say about the song, I must say I agree with her.

“Unfortunately I’m in an industry where diversity is not celebrated the way it should be. When some people see and hear something different it feels foreign to them and they don’t like that. Everyone has a choice of what they like and that’s a beautiful thing! But record labels, managers, publicist, journalist, media etc… have a tendency to see something work and try to reciprocate that with another artist thinking that’s what makes success. To me what makes success is letting people be truly who they are.

When I heard Kanye’s ‘Everything I Am,’ I instantly fell in love. I felt my story somewhere in his. I felt his frustration yet acceptance of who he was. So I decided to put my own little twist on it!”





No comments:

Post a Comment