Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

Spensha Baker - Exclusive Music2Nite Interview!


Spensha Baker is an amazing teenager, she's extremely talented, well grounded, and an example to follow! Get to know Spensha Baker better by checking out the exclusive interview Music2Nite had with her recently!

1. Why did you decide to call your album "Outloud!"?

Well, my mom thought of the concept, I agreed. It’s not just a CD, not just a song on the album; it’s an experience, a lifestyle. Especially being young, it’s important to be open with mistakes, triumphs, losses and love. Living Outloud! is showing people who I really am. It’s about not being afraid of who you are and never having to hide who you are. The album is an inspiration.


2. Do you have a favorite song on your upcoming album? If so, which one, and why?

I love all of them. If I had to pick one I’d choose “Hold On”. I’d like to sing it to everyone. It was originally written for Whitney Houston and somehow I got it. I can relate to it and I know others can relate to it. Me and my mom wrote “Purpose”. Sometimes we get caught up in ourselves. It’s a sweet reminder to remember your purpose in life.


3. What does music represent to you?

Music is a way of expression, a way of life. Especially to me, it represents my heart, allows me to receive thing and give it back. If anything, it’s a way to encourage people. It’s my higher power and it’s universal.


4. Are you interested in singing other music genres besides gospel?

I would like to do something on Disney Channel. I don’t ever want to completely take a new direction. Gospel is my heart. My foundation will always be in Gospel music. My favorite “non-Gospel” track is “Double Dutch Bus” by Raven Symone.


5. Congratulations on having been invited at the White House! How was it like performing there?

Umm, in one word, AMAZING! We got to meet President Bush. He is extremely nice and caring. I sang “Hold On” to encourage him. I was definitely nervous. It’s just the leader of the free world after all.

6. What kind of message would you like to send through your music?

I have a lot of them; I hope they represent my generation. It’s to encourage my generation to never be afraid of who they are. Not to look to others, to look to God. Obey your parents and do the right things. Don’t become distracted. Absolutely a lot of teens hide behind things. They get into sticky situations, but they can still turn their lives around.


7. How do you cope with fame and being 15 years old? Are you still able to have a regular teenager life?

I’m young, my gift is bigger than me, this is my calling, but along the way I’m developing who I am. I try to live my life as normal as possible. My school, church and parents keep me focused and grounded. In no way is it a problem, it is a part of my life.


8. How would you encourage other youngsters to go after their dreams? Or do you just live as an example to follow?

Both. I think some people need to see you, they gotta see it to believe it. I know that people are watching me. How I walk, talk, sit, stand, how my grades are. I do make a conscious effort to influence people in High School.


9. Is there anyone you'd like to collaborate with?

Yes, Raven Symone, Fred Hammond, Kirk Franklin, Rodney Jerkins.


10. Do you have any promotional or touring plans?

Yes, we’ll be doing a promotional tour in August


11. Would you like to share anything else with your fans?

Yes, this: “I’m a regular kid”


A special thanks from Music2Nite to Spensha Baker for letting us interview her, we wish her all the best!


SPENSHA BAKER OUTLOUD!
Available in stores NOW!
http://www.spenshaonline.com/
MySpace


No comments:

Post a Comment