Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

News on Solange's Upcoming Album!


Solange wants to make it clear that her highly anticipated upcoming album "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams" (to be released on Aug. 26) is all about her and the type of music she wants to make. Her music shouldn't be compared to Beyonce's. Their music is very different from each other, and that's what people want. No one wants to listen to a copy of Beyonce.

Solange is definitely unique and her latest tunes are simply amazing!

Solange wasn't concerned with being perfect on this album," her manager and father, Mathew Knowles, told Billboard earlier this year. "Beyonce's already got pop, and she's perfect at it. Solange just wanted to sing from the heart. She wants her feelings and emotions to touch you. That's why 'God Given Name' was purposely the first song -- so she can share with you how different she is."

Solange created a sound on that is less pop and more of a mix of '60s and '70s music with subtle hints of electronic.

"I really hope that I achieve what my definition of success is," Solange says. "I'm going to continue to make music. I will definitely do things on my own terms and standards. I want to be at a level where this feels totally organic and it feels fun and enjoyable and it doesn't feel like a job. If that's the case, then I would've just gone to college and gotten me a nine-to-five."




No comments:

Post a Comment