Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jay-Z Covers Interview Magazine

Jay-Z Interview Magazine
Jay-Z is on the cover of the February 2010 issue of Interview magazine and  discusses his love of music and how it has changed since he dropped his first album “Reasonable Doubt” 14 years ago, and the Kanye West and Taylor Swift incident at last year’s VMAs.
Read the article and watch more pictures here

Jay-Z insists he isn’t biased to his wife, but truly believed that Kanye was right, Beyonce should have received Video of the Year for "Single Ladies".

He says, [Kanye] believed that "Single Ladies" was a better video. I believed that. I think a lot of people believed that. You can’t give someone Video of the Year if they don’t win Best Female Video. I thought Best Female Video was something you won on the way to Video of the Year.”

He also loves Kanye’s ideas and impulse. “He’s an extraordinary person. He has these ideas and these things that he wants to do and places he wants to go, and he’s really passionate about them. He’s very sincere.”

Releasing his first album at 26 also gave him the maturity he needed to make it work. “Well, when I did my first album, I was 26, so I was a little more mature than a lot of other guys—you know, to a lot of the rappers’ credit, they’re making albums when they’re 17. I can’t imagine [the things] I would’ve said when I was 17. I can’t even tell you how reckless my thinking was at that age… "

No comments:

Post a Comment